Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Rustic Wedding Inspiration

It's been a while since I posted about anything wedding-related! As a quick update, we've booked our venue, videographer, photographer, and hotel block. 

As you might have guessed from the venue pictures, we're going with a more country, rustic theme. It sounds weird to say that we're not the fanciest of people, but we're really not! I never pictured my wedding taking place in a Disney-like ballroom, we both grew up (somewhat) in the country, and this more casual theme just felt very us. My Pinterest has been blowing up with wedding pins, and today I'm sharing some of my favorite inspirations as we plan more of the details for the wedding! 

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

It's important to me that we don't have a "Pinterest" wedding. (She said, after making an entire post dedicated to Pinterest inspiration...) All I mean by that is that I want to draw inspiration from these ideas, but I don't intend to replicate them entirely. I want our wedding to be unique and special, and I don't want all of our Pinterest-using guests to look around and see things that they've already seen a hundred times online. In some ways, this adds pressure, but in other ways it's exciting! 

Have you planned a special event using Pinterest? How have you made ideas your own? 


1 comment: