Friday, November 7, 2014

Seasonal Recipes: Pecan Pie

Growing up, I was one of those weird kids who didn't like the typical Fall desserts. Pumpkin pie freaked me out because, gross, it was orange. Apple pie was fine, but just fine. (I've since come around and love both, don't worry.) But my favorite time of year was when my mom would make her pecan pie. I loved the contrast between the gooeyness and the crunchiness, I loved the flavor, I loved everything. I whipped one up a few days ago and thought I would share the recipe! 

Serves:
6-8

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
3 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup broken pecans
1 unbaked 9" pie crust
5 pecan halves

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

Beat eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl.

Mix in broken pecans by hand. 

Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.

Arrange pecan halves on top to garnish. 

Cover crust edges with foil, and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. 

Reduce heat to 350 degrees, and continue baking for 30-40 minutes. (Or until center is firm.)

Cool to room temperature before serving. 


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! This Pecan pie looks amazing! I will definitely have to try this out for Thanksgiving!

    XO, Erica

    www.mymistersmrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete