Thursday, November 20, 2014

I Can't Believe I'm Still Playing Kim Kardashian Hollywood

I have a confession to make. I've been playing Kim Kardashian Hollywood since its release this past summer. It's a pointless game. It's barely interactive. You just "do" the same "tasks" over and over again, tapping the screen over and over and over and over. I don't even think I like the game. I just can't stop playing. 


As you can see from the screenshot above, my A-list celebrity looks a lot like me. I'm wearing a very Kim K. look, have made it to level 23, and am on a date (with my second husband, no less.) Do these things matter in my life? Absolutely not. If this were a game that I enjoyed, I would probably be happy about these things. I get giddy with excitement when I level up in Kingdom Hearts or merge households in The Sims. That is definitely not the case with this game. 

This is all to say that I have an unhealthy obsession with my cell phone. If I'm not refreshing my Instagram/Twitter/Pinterest feeds or playing KKH, my phone is right next to me. I can't watch a show for more than 10 minutes without refreshing all of my apps to see if something new has been posted. I've always said that I'm a great multitasker, but I'm starting to think that I'm just really bad at being present in the moment. 

My second-to-last OSU football game as a student is coming up this weekend, Thanksgiving is next week, and I want to make sure I enjoy these special moments with friends and family instead of constantly being on my phone. (Plus I keep missing really important plot points in Mad Men and Scandal, and it's such a pain to have to rewind so often.) I don't think my love affair with my iPhone will ever end, but I'm aiming to manage it in a different way this holiday season. 


1 comment:

  1. lolol i love that you play this. i never downloaded it and i don't intend to cause i'll prob get obsessed

    ReplyDelete