Friday, October 10, 2014

Brunette Ambition: A Review

Ever since I read Tiffany's review of Brunette Ambition by Lea Michelle, I knew I had to get my hands on a copy of that book. I'm a huge sucker for books written by celebrities - remember when I read Farrah Abraham's book in one day? Anyways, I was so excited when this book arrived in the mail! 



One of the reasons I both liked and disliked this book is that Lea talked a lot about her life before and during Glee, without actually talking a lot about Glee. I love Glee. (Despite what recent ratings say, I think the show has only gotten better since the main cast graduated and moved to New York.) I really enjoyed reading about Lea's own time on Broadway and how she built her career before landing her role as Rachel Berry. I also liked seeing how Lea lives her life off-set - she's a total stay-at-home type just like me, loves food and loves to cook but doesn't like to eat meat just like me, and values her close friends and family more than anything just like me. If you haven't figured it out already, Lea and I are basically soul sisters. 

Throughout these sections of the book, Lea shares her favorite recipes, exercises, gorgeous outfits, and about a million other tips and tricks that she's learned from being in the business. I want to try everything! Except the exercises...because I'm not the kind of person who gets excited about trying new exercises. 



I was really hoping that more of this book would be spent talking about Glee and Cory Monteith. Only one chapter was spent on the show, and Cory was only mentioned a few times. Lea wrote almost all of the book before he passed, and I know that really wasn't the point of the book, but I was still hopeful. 

Overall though, I thought this was a great book! Lea's writing is very relatable, the pictures are beautiful, and the look and feel of the book itself was nice to read. If you're a Glee fan or just want to know more about Lea Michelle, check out Brunette Ambition!



I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are, of course, my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment