Monday, September 15, 2014

Shake Shake Shake

"Cocktails should be fun, simple, and social." 

This was Eric Plum and Josh Williams' mindset when creating the book, Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails. And, wouldn't you know, it's my mindset too. Now that I'm out of undergrad, I've definitely moved away from being happy chasing cheap tequila with a Keystone Light. (Don't judge. I know I'm not alone here.) Long story short, I've been developing a taste for more complicated, fun cocktails. I order them when I'm out with friends, but I haven't known how to make them at home. But, thanks to Shake, that's all changing. 


The book starts with a list of bar basics needed to make almost every recipe, including liquors, mixers, glassware, and tools. It then categorizes the drinks seasonally, just like the last cookbook that I posted about! (I'm thinking a combination of drinks and recipes from these books would be the basis for an amazing dinner party!)

To wrap up the season, Ryan and I chose to make a summery drink wonderfully named Hop, Skip, Go Naked. Just think of a stronger, more lemony Summer Shandy! Stronger thanks to the extra shot of vodka... 


Fiance approved

The pictures in this book are absolutely gorgeous, and the directions are so easy for a beginner like me to follow. I'm definitely looking forward to trying out some other cocktail recipes this fall! With names like The Smog Cutter and The Blackberry Fence Hopper, how could I resist? 

Goodbye Summer, hello Fall!

I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are, of course, my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment