Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Meet Me In St. Louis

I'm not exaggerating when I say that my best friends live all over the country. Georgia, Missouri, Michigan, Utah - all so far from Ohio. Long weekends are pretty much the best only times for us to get together! This holiday weekend, Ryan and I road tripped to St. Louis to visit one of my bridesmaids and explore the city. I hope you guys are ready for some pictures!

On Friday, we spent about 6 hours on the road. I had my tea, a new fall nail polish, and enough Bo Burnham to keep me awake for hours. (I didn't look this excited/happy/put together when we arrived. Driving is exhausting.)  


On our first day, we visited the original Budweiser beer factory, recently bought out by Anheuser Busch. We went to beer school and learned all about the make-up of the different beers. No joke, this place looked like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, and I was singing the original movie's songs throughout the whole tour. 

See what I mean?








If you're ever in St. Louis, and over 21, this place is a MUST. (And I say over 21 for legal reasons, but mostly because they check your IDs like 700 times before they give you your free samples. But they give you so many samples.) 

Later that day, we visited St. Louis University. OSU was playing at the time, and we spent most of the tour refreshing the score on our iPhones and trying to find a sports bar that was broadcasting the game, without success. But we won! Go Bucks!


The next day, we visited the Arch and walked along the Mississippi River! I didn't know that you could go up in the Arch before this visit! We rode up in the smallest little car, but it was amazing seeing the city from so high up. 

I hate elevators and heights, but it was
so worth it!




Missouri was the furthest west I'd ever been, and I loved getting to walk along the river and think about Huck Finn floating down stream on a barge. 


It was such a fun, fast trip, and it's crazy to think that I was there just yesterday! 

Linking up with Rachael and Lisa









4 comments:

  1. My parents recently relocated to St. Louis because my dad was promoted to work at the Anheuser Busch plant out there. I can't wait to visit and take the tour inside and out when I go down to see his office. You made me even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What color is your new nail polish?? I love it! Going to a beer museum sounds like a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos!!! Sounds like a fun trip! Good to see some new sites and good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in St Louis when I was in middle school. I love seeing people enjoy the city! The arch and the river were my favorite things about it!

    ReplyDelete