Monday, July 7, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile

So as you can see over on the monthly archives, I’ve been slacking when it comes to blogging. I feel like it happens to most of us at some point – we get in a rut, we get busy, we can’t come up with post ideas etc. I was so excited to discover Juliette’s Blog Everyday in July challenge – her motivation and fun post topics were just the kick I needed to get writing again. I’m definitely not committing to writing every day for the rest of the month, (you go, girl) but I am excited to link up with some of the prompts!
Today’s topic: Things That Make You Smile
1.)    Holidays with the family, the fiancé, and the tequila.

2.)  Wedding planning. (Although if I’m being honest, I’m overwhelmed already.)
3.)  Sunsets over the water. I’m assuming sunrises over the water too, but I wouldn’t know because I’m not a morning person and sunrises happen early.
4.)  Finishing a good book.
5.)  The few times a year that all of my high school friends are back in town at the same time.
6.)  “That’s what she said” jokes.

7.)  Sassy Gay Friend videos. I know these are old, but I heard them again on the radio this morning. I wouldn’t say they made me smile, so much as they made me laugh so hard it was hard to see the road through the eye watering and squinty-ness.
            
8.)  Weekend brunch.
9.)  Seeing my dog’s tail wag. And hearing him howl when he’s hungry.
10.) Getting fun mail. (Online shopping orders, surprises, engagement cards!)
Allieology


5 comments:

  1. Good mail days completely make my day! And I need to find a good place for weekend brunch - one with unlimited mimosas. That would make me the happiest person EVER! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for things that make you smile!! I'm a pretty huge fan of most of those things, too. Except wedding planning. I haaaaaaated wedding planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that tequila is right after your fiance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sassy Gay Friend videos are hilarious! And don't be over-whelmed, as long as the Groom is the right one according to the Bride, then the rest is just add ons. Pretty add ons. Don't worry you'll have a beautiful wedding! You and your fiance look so cute together!

    ReplyDelete