Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Day With Taylor Swift

Have you read the Op-Ed piece that Taylor Swift wrote for the Wall Street Journal? It’s good. It’s like, really good. If Taylor Swift wrote a lifestyle blog, I would read it every day.
So call me a fan girl or whatever, but I would love to have dinner, coffee, a shopping day, you name it, with T-Swift. Ideally it would be a baking day, complete with wine, awkward dancing, and boy talk because, duh, it’s Taylor. This is how I think that day would go:
Upon arrival, Tegan and Sara would be playing in the background. Throughout the day, Taylor would put on other albums that I’d never heard of. I’d instantly fall in love with every song. At some point, I’d start sneezing because even though Meredith and Olivia Benson are tiny, their dander is mighty.  Taylor and I would refill our glasses and head outside to relieve my allergies and try to get some color on our impossibly pale bodies. Taylor, how do you never sunburn?
I’d tell her that I think it’s awesome that she dances like a fool at all the awards shows. 


Because, yes, people make fun of her, but who cares? She reminds girls everywhere that it’s okay to have fun and be embarrassing. I’m willing to bet she has more fun at these events than Kristen Stewart.
I’d ask her how her life has been since she took Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s advice. 
And she’d look at me like:

If she doesn’t kick me out after that, I’d get really embarrassing and tell her how her music touches my soul or something. I’d tell her that I love that she loves so hard, because don’t we all? Don’t people dream of having the type of romances worth writing songs about, even if they don’t always work out? Isn’t that the point?
By the end of the day, we’d be best friends, and we’d be planning sleepovers, and I'd be invited to her next girl's night. I'm just saying, Abigail doesn't have to be the only red head she sings about.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, to the last line. :D Love it. I love Taylor Swift and love this. I feel like I was a bit late to the Taylor Swift bandwagon--when I saw her debut "Back to December" at an awards show on TV a few years ago I was hooked. Oh yes, I was very impressed by her article--probably even more so by the perfection with which she communicates. I'm a grammar freak and didn't see a single mistake, and she clearly has an impressive command of English. She is always so polished and professional, yet real, when she's interviewed and really is such a role model. And I will always be soothed by "Dear John" and "Last Kiss." Okay, that was a lot, so I'll stop now, I just really love her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I LOVE this! I am absolutely positive that she and I would be BFF's if we had the chance. I love her to a fault and will defend her to the death with anyone who tries to dis her. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I've listened to the RED album more than any other music combined since it came out. If we're only talking about in my car then I KNOW I have. #obsessed (I should probably be a lot more embarrassed about this than I am)

    ReplyDelete