Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I Need to Go Back to Work

I'm starting my new job on Monday! It's been a glorious month-long break from the general stress of life, but I'm honestly really ready to get back to the grindstone. I'm one of those people who doesn't really know how to relax. I craft because it's fun, but also a productive activity. I sometimes feel guilty if I'm just watching a show and there's not a crochet hook or a needlepoint in my hand. (Hi I'm Claire and I have a problem.) This break, though, has been totally different. Today I'm confessing how I've been spending my time during these past few weeks.

Catching up with the Kardashians: I've been binge-watching my way through seasons 6 and 7 this week. The episode where Scott keeps calling Kris pretending to be Todd Kraines? I was crying from laughing so hard. 


Gaming: I've never been one to spend hours playing a video game. I played Nancy Drew computer games in middle/high school, but I feel like that doesn't really count. I've recently discovered how mind-blowingly addicting gaming can be. Saints Row 3 has been on screen nonstop. I never understood how Ryan could spend so many hours playing a game, ("Don't you want to do something else? Like a productive hobby?") except I get it now. It's taken our relationship to a whole new level. 

Wine: I feel like this one doesn't need an explanation.

Watching The Office Final Table Read: Excuse me while I cry for 1 hour and 17 minutes. (Thanks wine.) 

Online Shopping: I discovered E.L.F. makeup thanks to Kallie's amazing E.L.F. eyeshadow tutorial. Within 10 days, I had ordered from their website twice. Damn sales! My favorite products so far have been the Matte Lip Color and the Pressed Powder. (It's always been challenging for me to find a powder that is light enough for my ghost-like skin, but this one matches perfectly!) Anyways, after I placed these orders, I immediately unsubscribed from every retail email list that I was on. I need to start getting paid again before I place another online order!

How do you like to spend your time away from the office?

Linking up with Kathy today! 

5 comments:

  1. i prefer to spend it binge-watching, relaxing with some wine and surfing :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it was pretty funny when he did that! ;D

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. the amount of time i spend watching the kardashians is disturbing. todd kraines may be the funniest episode ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you on the gaming thing.. I'm a closet nerd and I can play a game without moving or eating for HOURS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! I want to watch the Office Final Table Read now! I finally just watched the last episode of the last season this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete