Wednesday, April 23, 2014

This is Embarassing

Last weekend was an interesting one for me. I saw some family, watched my first lacrosse game, and prepared for the impending doom that is finals week. I didn't do anything embarrassing in public, which is unusual for me, but today I'm confessing how I spent my alone time:

-I read Farrah Abraham's My Teenage Dream Ended from cover to cover in one day. You guys, I really like Teen Mom. I'm a sucker for the show, the followup specials, and the girls' Instagrams, so I obviously had to read this book. I had read the Amazon reviews and wasn't expecting much, but I needed to read it anyways. This book took me back to high school with all the drama, the breakups, and the general hot mess of it all. The writing is bad, she talks about her hookups more than she doesn't, and yet, I couldn't put this damn book down! I enjoyed reading about what Farrah was like before 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom started. If you're a Teen Mom fan or are just looking for a trashy memoir, read this book. If you are a more respectable person than me, stay away from this book. (I just found out that Teen Mom 2's Kailyn just released a book. I'm so excited. I know how I'll be spending my me-time next weekend.)


- I tried to study out on the back deck this weekend, but every 10 minutes or so, a giant cloud of bees would swarm my space! (Okay, I'm exaggerating. But there were bees and yellow jackets flying around.) I would shriek, flail my arms around and run from the deck. Neighbors saw. I'm officially the crazy of the neighborhood.

- I spent entirely too much time on YouTube watching Chelsea Lately interviews after I finished her most recent book, Uganda Be Kidding Me. My favorite was this clip that begins with Chelsea and Amy Adams doing shots and ends with a discussion about kissing Jennifer Lawrence.


Linking up with Kathy

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read it!!! Going to be my project next week ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Such a funny post. I do love Chelsey Handler and Amy Adams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, bees are the worst. once i was driving and one flew into my car, i legit pulled over on a busy street, got out and started screaming LOL

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl. I read my fair share of trashy memoirs because I'm just too dang nosey! haha! I love Amy Adams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man - Teem Mom is definitely my guilty pleasure, esp. that cast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like teen mom but I cannot stand Farrah! At. All!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHHH Teen Mom. I follow them on Instagram, well I follow a fake Babs Evans account and laugh at it like a hyena. I cannot deal with Farrah but I'm glad you were sucked into the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ain't no shame in loving Teen Mom! I would totally read those books. I still need to get my hands on Chelsea's latest book too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GAH I LOVE Chelsea Handler. I just saw her live last month and she had me rolling! She just doesn't give an eff and I love it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am a sucker too for teen mom, although i didn't know that her and now kailyn came out with a book. hm.. might have some reading to do soon

    ReplyDelete