Monday, April 7, 2014

Hot Dogs and Hockey, Eh?

It's another edition of the Weekly Wrap Up with The Rachael Way and Ameliorer la Vie

Call me an old lady, but I usually don't like to do too many things on the weekends. I'm so busy during the week that I like to take my two days off and just CHILL. This weekend, however, was jam packed busy, and I loved every second of it.

On Friday, I came home to my new favorite jewelry ever from Fifth and Mae

How perfect are these pieces for Summer?

After squealing over this box for a good 15 minutes, I went to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Remember how much I love all things Marvel?  This movie was no exception. It was action-filled and completely turned the universe upside down with its SHIELD reveal. Also - who were those freaky twins at the end? I can't wait for the next Avengers to come out - maybe some of my questions will be answered. 


Saturday was spent taking my middle schoolers to COSI, and it was much more fun than I expected! I had never been before, and it was fun to watch the kids engage with science in an hands-on way. (Much better than the worksheets that they do in school.) 

On Sunday, I spent the morning working on a paper, caught a quick cat nap, and then headed downtown for dinner and a hockey game! One of my favorite restaurants ever, Dirty Franks, serves vegetarian hot dogs with the craziest combinations of toppings. (They serve regular hot dogs too, but I'm in love with their veggie options.) After we filled up on hot dogs and beer, (because what's more 'hockey' than that?) we headed to the game.

Ryan's real hot dogs:
Left: Chili, sauerkraut, onions
Right: mustard, relish, onions, peppers

My veggie hot dogs:
Left: vegetarian chili, onions, cheese, and Frito's.
Right: vegetarian chili, french fries, sour cream, cheese, vegetarian bacon

The hockey game was so much fun! The Bluejackets won 4-0 and there were so many fights. I love live hockey because you get to hear the sounds of the puck, the skates on the ice, and fists hitting fists.


Have a great week! 

4 comments:

  1. fifth and mae always has the cutest things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jewelry is awesome!! annndd really intrigued by these vegetarian hotdogs!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such good things about Winter Soldier. Hopefully I can check it out soon!

    Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh--I had been wanting to try Dirty Frank's for so long. Everyone I know who has gone there raves about it! I honestly forgot that D.F.'s was one of the places I had on my list to try, so thanks for the reminder! I hope to go the next time I head down to Columbus!

    ReplyDelete