Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Break Reading List

My spring break is coming to a close. Classes will resume on Monday. My brain hurts just thinking about it. Because I had to work at both my regular job and semester internship, I wasn't able to visit any place warm. I was, however, able to spend some quality time with my couch and a few great books.

Coraline by Neil Gaiman 


I know that this is a children's book from which a horrible children's movie was made. I read this book in 6th grade, but it was so fun to go back and revisit the story. Coraline is a suspenseful tale about explorations, an evil world, and the importance of bravery. I finished this book in one sitting; it's such a page turner. Plus each chapter is accompanied with a fun illustration like this one: 

The villain in this story looks like a hungover version of me!



The public health nerd in me is obsessed with this book. If you have any interest in the history and spread of HIV, AIDS, and how the disease has affected Asia, go read this book right now. So many things in this book frustrated and angered me, but it has only increased my passion to work in sexual health! 

It was nice to finally put a dent in my reading list, although I have so many more to go. Up next is Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult. (can you tell I'm obsessed with her?) I'm completely dreading going back to school tomorrow, but this week should be brightened with a package from The Modern Tulip. I ordered several pieces over the weekend, and I can't wait to receive them in the mail! 

Enjoy the rest of your Sundays! 

1 comment: