Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscar Preparations

Somewhere in a far off land, Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, and Meyrl Streep spent the day perfecting their already perfect selves, sitting through hair and makeup and dressing to the nines to get ready for tonight's Oscar Awards. I had quite the grueling day of Oscar prep as well. Specifically, I kept my pjs on all day, scrapbooked, and watched 2 (about to start #3) of the films nominated for Best Picture.

I cannot get over a lot of things about Dallas Buyers Club. I cannot get over the fact that Matthew McConaughey won a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama. I cannot get over the fact that he lost 50 pounds to play the role and literally looked like he was on the verge of death.

Seriously, how did this even happen.  

I cannot get over the fact that he was able to act so well in such a serious role. He has clearly been underperforming for most of his career. (I guess I can't get over a lot of things about Matthew McConaughey.) Objectively, it was a good film, but I can't say that I particularly enjoyed it. It was an interesting story, but for the most part, I was just bored. Not as bored, however, as when I watched...


If I'm being totally honest, I didn't even finish The Wolf of Wall Street. (If I missed the best part, please tell me, and I'll go back and watch the end!) Leo definitely did his job as an actor - I actually hated him in this movie. I'm pretty positive that was the point, but I don't enjoy movies where I hate the main character. I like having somebody to root for, and Leo's character had plenty of ladies... ahem...rooting for him already. I felt like a lot of the scenes in this movie were added for shock value. By that I mean that I felt like this entire movie was made for shock value. I can only watch Leo do lines of coke off of prostitutes so many times before it's just a repetitive, boredom-inducing mess. 

Basically my day looked a lot like this: 


I'm trying to squeeze in Gravity before the awards show. (It's going to be a close call.) 

So far, my favorites for every category lie with the cast of American Hustle. Fingers crossed for Jennifer, Amy, Christian, and Bradley. 

Who are your Oscar favorites tonight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment