Sunday, March 30, 2014

Claire Lately

This past week has been a hectic one. 3 interviews, 35 hours of work, stressing about finances. You know, the usual. BUT despite the fact that I seem to have come down with a Spring cold, things are looking up!

My monsters middle schoolers are on Spring Break this week! I still have to do some lesson planning for when they come back, but I don't have to see their rude little faces for a whole week.

In related news, I found a new job!! I was offered an amazing internship with the state health department, working with a program to improve the health of children ages 0-3. I am so excited to start this position at the beginning of May! Now I just have to put in my two weeks...I've never done this before, and I'm so nervous! Any tips/advice on how to go about this would be so helpful.

I have never been good at being patient. The job search process has been frustrating, especially because I was so desperate to find something. I'm just so glad that it's all over. I was about two days away from to this to-do list...


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Giving notice is always a little scary--but I promise you they will handle it well. And you'll feel so much better (and relieved!) once it's all been done. Just be adult about it. In my experience (and I've quit A LOT of jobs...) actually have a conversation with your supervisor in order to give your notice. Do not just email your resignation. Coupled with the conversation, also have a printed letter of resignation for them to have on file. Do not do one without the other. In my experience they'll express their sadness to lose you but will wish you luck. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete