Sunday, February 9, 2014

Pumpkin on My Mind


Fall is my favorite season. I love the crunch of fallen leaves under my boots when I walk to classes, I love apple picking, and I love how most everyone is in a wonderful mood because of the wonderful weather. What I love most about fall, however...pumpkin EVERYTHING.

Pumpkin pie, pumpkin beer, pumpkin bagels, pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin english muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin candles, pumpkin muffins, picking out pumpkins, pumpkin carving, The Great Pumpkin, pumpkin everything.

Pumpkin season is here and gone in the blink of an eye, and then it's winter. I don't know about you, but I have not been enjoying this winter. Temperatures below zero, icy highways, and snow up to my knees are just not my favorite. Last week, when I was visiting my mom and hanging out with Jodi Picoult, I found myself wistfully dreaming of pumpkin season. Then...

It was just like Linus said it would be. The Great Pumpkin rose out of the pumpkin patch and brought me the most wonderful goodies, just not on Halloween! (Maybe Linus should try waiting in the pumpkin patch in February...) I was so happy to find this pumpkin face mask in my mom's beauty supply stash!

My mom had bought this pumpkin(!) face mask from Bath and Body Works back in the fall for $12. It is no longer available in stores or online, but it should be back again next pumpkin season. We each used the product, and there was plenty left for future masks. 

As you can see from the picture, the mask was orange! I was worried about it staining my washcloth when I took off the mask, but the color rinsed right out of the fabric. The mask had a texture and smell just like pumpkin pie filling. It was just what I had been dreaming of! 
The mask was almost the same color as my hair!

Overall, the mask left my face feeling soft, although not quite as rejuvenated as I had hoped. I was fine with that though - I was just so happy to get my little taste of Fall. 





No comments:

Post a Comment