Monday, February 17, 2014

Feeling 22

Friday was Valentine's Day. More importantly though, Friday was my birthday! This year was the first time in my whole college career that I have gone to class or work on my birthday. (I had missed too many classes due to the snow/ice/below-0 mess that happened a few weeks ago, and I couldn't afford to miss another.) After making it through 1 1/2 hours of class and 3 1/2 hours of work, I decided to take myself shopping as a reward for being responsible. I treated myself to a basic black maxi dress, a fun ruffle tank, and hair clips from H&M! (Other gifts to myself this year included One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak and a Vera Bradley large cosmetic in Canterberry Magenta. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to do even more traveling in my 22nd year!)

I came home to find two bottles of the most adorable wine (Little Penguin) and a sweet card sitting on the kitchen table.
The corks have penguin feet on them!
After popping open the Merlot, I got to kick my feet up, watch the olympics, and browse some blogs while this handsome guy made me a delicious birthday/Valentine's dinner in our new house. 

Saturday was spend at Ikea picking out new furniture for my craft room! (Pictures to come after the room is painted and everything is in its place.) Ikea is one of my favorite places to visit - I love colors, patterns, and design, and it's so fun to see the countless ways that you can decorate your home. 
I tried to buy a couch on Saturday. Thank goodness
we didn't have a way to get it home!
After spending nearly four hours browsing, squealing, stressing, and then ultimately deciding what I wanted, Chipotle was an absolute necessity. 



Ryan started to build the furniture after we arrived home...

...while I climbed in this box...
There's the H&M tank!
...and posted up in the middle of the room, very much in the way.

My mom was supposed to visit on Sunday, but unfortunately she caught the flu. Instead, I had a wonderful lazy day crocheting a pair of fingerless gloves, watching Harry Potter 7 part 2, and cleaning up my craft room mess that can be seen behind me in the picture above.

If you are interested in ordering a pair of hand-crocheted
fingerless gloves,  please email me at
refiningbliss@gmail.com to discuss color options
and pricing!
It was such a wonderful birthday weekend, and I'm looking forward to continuing the celebrations next weekend with some girlfriends. Paint-your-own-pottery here we come! 

Linking up with The Rachael Way and Ameliorer la Vie!

The Rachael Way

5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!! Working and going to class on your birthday is never ideal, but at least you got to go on a shopping spree. :) Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you made your own fingerless gloves! I knit so it's pretty similar to crocheting! Looks like you had a great weekend! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much need to stay away from all furniture stores because I reallllly want a new couch for our new house! But we really don't need it because ours are only like 2 years old.

    Sounds like a good birthday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday, glad you had an awesome day!! and cute gloves, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want a craft room too!!! please post pics when you're done!

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete